- Minster of Queen's Cross Church in Aberdeen, Scotland
- Pro to the question "Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?"
“Loving marriages, whether they are gay or straight, can make for a good and happy life. Christ’s love for us, his people, is reflected in loving relationships. Marriage is something to be celebrated. I look forward to the day when I am able to conduct weddings for all couples, gay or straight, in the name of God.”
“Church of Scotland Expected to Back Same-Sex Marriage,” bbc.com, May 20, 2017
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to gay marriage. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to gay marriage.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Minister, Queen’s Cross Church, July 2009-present
- Member, Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Former Member, Church of Scotland’s Taskforce on Human Sexuality
- Minister, Brechin Cathedral (Angus, UK), 1999-2009
- Former Assistant Minister, Queen’s Cross Church
- M.Div in Sacred Theology, Union Theological Seminary (New York, NY)
- Attended Christ’s College, Aberdeen, Scotland
- Studied geography at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Received the 2009 “Hero of the Year” award from the Stonewall Scotland
- First openly gay minister to be elected within the Church of Scotland
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?